The Best Things to Grill on Charcoal
The tantalizing aroma of charcoal-grilled food wafting through the air is a sure sign that summertime is here. There's something undeniably magical about cooking over a charcoal fire, as it imparts a distinct smoky flavor that elevates any dish. Whether you're a seasoned grill master or a novice looking to embark on a culinary adventure, we've compiled a list of the best things to grill on charcoal. Prepare your taste buds for a mouthwatering experience!
- When it comes to grilling, steak is a classic choice that never disappoints. The intense heat of charcoal sears the exterior, creating a flavorful crust while preserving the juiciness within. Opt for well-marbled cuts like ribeye or New York strip for a tender and richly flavored result. Remember to let the steak rest after grilling to ensure maximum succulence. Even better use our Blackened Steak Rub to guarantee that salty crust everyone loves.
- Charcoal-grilled burgers are a quintessential symbol of backyard barbecues. The smoky flames lend a distinct depth of flavor to the patties, turning them into culinary delights. Use high-quality ground beef (prime 80/20), season generously with our Blackened Steak Rub or our Coffee BBQ Rub, and shape the patties with a slight indentation in the center to ensure even cooking. Top them off with your favorite ingredients and enjoy the ultimate grilled burger experience.
- From delicate fish to succulent shrimp skewers, seafood truly shines on a charcoal grill. The natural smokiness adds complexity to the already vibrant flavors of seafood, creating a symphony of taste. Wrap fish in foil with our Crab Seasoning and lemon for a moist and tender result, or thread shrimp on skewers and brush with melted butter. The grill imparts a delightful smoky char that enhances the oceanic flavors.
- Grilling isn't just reserved for meats—it's an excellent way to elevate the flavors of various vegetables. Bell peppers, zucchini, corn on the cob, and eggplant are just a few examples of vegetables that take on a new dimension when grilled over charcoal. Brush them with olive oil, sprinkle with our Coffee BBQ Rub or Crab Seasoning, and let the flames work their magic. The smoky char and slight caramelization bring out their natural sweetness and create a delightful contrast of textures.
- Charcoal grilling and ribs are a match made in culinary heaven. Whether you prefer beef ribs or pork spare ribs, slow-cooking them over indirect heat allows the flavors to meld together while achieving that sought-after fall-off-the-bone tenderness. Slather the ribs with a homemade barbecue sauce or our Pork and Beef Rib Rub to infuse them with mouthwatering flavors. The result? Ribs that are succulent, smoky, and downright delicious.
- Grilling skewers is not only convenient but also a fantastic way to create a medley of flavors. Season chicken, beef, or shrimp with our Chicken Taco Seasoning, Blackened Steak Seasoning or Crab Seasoning along with an array of colorful vegetables like cherry tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers. The heat from the charcoal imparts a beautiful char to the ingredients while sealing in their juices. The smoky aroma and the interplay of flavors make every bite an explosion of taste.
Grilling on charcoal in combination with Its All Good Seasonings best BBQ rubs is a sensory experience that adds depth, complexity, and an undeniable smoky flavor to a wide range of dishes. Whether you're a carnivore, seafood enthusiast, or a vegetable lover, there's something on the grill for everyone. The sizzle and crackle of the charcoal, the aromatic smoke, and the anticipation of a perfectly cooked meal all come together to create unforgettable culinary moments. So fire up the grill and enjoy!
Reese and Anna Edgington